You are here
New England Whale Festival
Stay tuned for us to announce the 2019 date!
The annual New England Whale Festival features exhibits promoting marine conservation and boater education, with onsite marine mammal scientists, kid's activities, free boat rides, beer garden and much more.
This free festival takes place rain or shine, is dog friendly, and just plain fun for everyone! (Link for parking and directions at the bottom of the page.)
Connect with diverse exhibitors focused on marine conservation and education, water recreation and safe boating.
- Boater Education Booths: WDC, the Environmental Police, and the Quincy Police Department's Marine Division will have information stations set up, with representatives from each organization. The Quincy police will be offering free boat rides, too! (Check back for times)
- Marine Debris Station - Come talk trash with us! Sift through the sand learn about the top culprits contributing to an unhealthy ocean and sign our #plasticpact
- Climb aboard the R/V Auk is the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary's 50ft, multi-purpose research vessel, and speak with representatives from the sanctuary.
- Bones and Baleen: Always a favorite, WDC has real whale baleen and bones for you to view and touch. Find out how big a whale rib really is - you may be surprised.
- Inflatable Whales: Meet Salt, the Grand Dame of the Gulf of Maine: Mother of 14 known calves, grandmother of 14 known grand-calves and great-grandmother of two, you can walk into the inflatable replica of this famous whale and see her "bones", "heart", and "lungs". Rocky, an inflatable right whale, will also be there.
- Right Whale Obstacle Course: The Right Whale Obstacle Course is an interactive activity for kids to learn about threats to the right whale population, and all whales on the east coast.