UK Brownies and the WDC Dolphin Diploma
If you or your Brownie group is thinking of doing your Friend to Animals badge, and you would like to become a friend to dolphins at the same time, you have come to the right place!
WDC's Dolphin Diploma is a special award for children. By completing the activities for the Diploma, your Brownie group will learn lots about endangered dolphins and, at the same time, do everything needed to earn their Friend to Animals badge.
All the Diploma activities can be completed on their own, with a friend, or as a group at one or more Brownie meetings. We then ask the group's Brownie Leader to send the Diploma form back, and we'll send you a Dolphin Diploma certificate which proves the girls have learnt all about dolphins and have been actively involved in protecting them!
How are Dolphin Diplomas achieved?
WDC Dolphin Diplomas are fun and simple to do. The children taking part just need to complete a short quiz about dolphins and choose an activity that will help them. There are plenty of ideas in the pack. We have also put together some endangered dolphin fact sheets that should help answer the quiz questions and to make your Friend to Animals poster or leaflet. Just click on the links below...
- The Quiz - answer the five questions here using the endangered species factsheets to help.
- Endangered species - factsheets of information.
- Activity ideas - easy things Brownies can do to help whales and dolphins.
- Diploma form - a form for Brownie Leaders to fill in once the Diploma the quiz and activity have been completed. When we receive this we will send your group a Dolphin Diploma certificate.
- Answers and more info - to help mark the quiz!